You are required to submit the following items to be considered for admission to the Emergency Management and Resilience Planning online certificate program.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility, deadlines, requirements or the admissions process, we encourage you to contact the EMRP Online Admissions Team via email or by phone at (312) 355-3851.
1. Online UIC Graduate Application
Visit the UIC Graduate Application page and select the Campus Certificate – Emergency Management & Resilience Planning program from the drop down menu under Graduate & Professional Programs. Click on Application and create a log in. You will complete Step 2 – Upload Unofficial Transcripts within the online application. Complete and submit the application along with the $70 non-refundable application fee.
2. Upload Unofficial Transcripts or Proof of Degree
You will upload unofficial transcripts within the online graduate application. Do not send official transcripts to UIC during the application process unless expressly requested. Official transcripts will be requested only from admitted students.
Review the following options for online submission of transcripts:
- Option1: Request an official PDF transcript through your prior school’s Registrar’s Office. This PDF can then be uploaded to the application checklist. Please avoid using electronic transcripts with an expiration date.
- Option 2: Request an official, sealed transcript from your prior school and send it to your home. Open, scan and save the transcript to your computer as a PDF then upload the PDF to the application checklist.
Transcripts must be submitted for each institution attended, regardless of the age or nature of the coursework completed.
Online academic histories or advising/degree audit documents are not acceptable.
If you have UIC transcripts, do not upload them; they will be added to your application by the UIC Office of Admissions.
3. CV or Resume
4. Personal Statement
International Applicants Only
To view specific transcript/documentation requirements by country, visit the UIC International Admission Requirements web page.
5. TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Minimum scores required for the TOEFL: Internet based test (IBT) total score of 80 with subsection minimum requirements of writing 21; speaking 20; listening 17; and reading 19; computer-based test score of 213; paper-based test score of 550.
Minimum scores required for IELTS: 6.5 total with subsection minimum requirements of listening 6; writing 6; reading 6; speaking 6.
TOEFL scores must be submitted directly from the Educational Testing Service to the UIC Office of Academic & Enrollment Services using institutional code 1851.
IELTS scores must be submitted directly from the International English Language Testing System to the UIC Office of Academic & Enrollment Services using institutional code 001851.
English Proficiency Requirement Exemptions
The English proficiency test requirement may be waived under the following circumstances, if the conditions have occurred within the last five years:
- Enrollment at a U.S. institution for at least two years of full-time study.
- Exemptions based upon enrollment will be applied after receipt of applicable academic credentials.
- Employment in the U.S. for at least one year on a full-time basis.
- Documentation for exemptions based upon employment will be requested to be uploaded through the application checklist after submission of the application.
- It should consist of a letter from your employer issued on letterhead which indicates the length of time you have been employed at the establishment and attests to your proficiency with the English language.
- Education or employment for the duration of time listed above in a country or territory from which an English proficiency test is not required.